2015 NGOs and Nonprofits Conference:
General Call for Participation
The NGOs and Nonprofits Interest Group of the American Anthropological Association invites individual participant submissions for our second conference, to be held in advance of the AAA Annual Meetings in Denver this November 17-18.
There are two avenues for individual submission:
- A list of accepted sessions can be found at http://ngo.americananthro.org/session-details/. To submit your abstract to one of these existing sessions, please contact the session organizer directly. We strongly recommend applying to a specific session.
- The Conference Coordinating Committee will be forming additional sessions from proposals that do not fit into existing sessions. If you would like your contribution considered for a new session, you may apply by sending an email to [email protected]. Please submit your name, affiliation, contact information, abstract (200 words maximum), and 3-5 keywords. While all submissions relating to our conference theme of NGO-graphies (http://ngo.americananthro.org/2015-conference/) will be considered, priority will be given to those that readily fit into one or more of the following themes. In your application, please specify which themes you would like to be considered for.
- NGO brokers, bureaucracy, and management
- NGOs and their policy interlocutors/publics
- NGO discourses: advocacy, rights, and other rhetorics
- NGO knowledges and information frameworks
- NGOization: emerging networks, assemblages, and landscapes of power
- NGOs and processes of studying up
- NGOs and constructions of need
The deadline for submitting either to the session organizers or to the Conference Coordinating Committee is July 10. Please note that session organizers can elect to fill their sessions on a first-come basis, so please contact them in advance to inquire about their internal deadlines.
We encourage all interested parties to subscribe to our listserv to receive regular conference updates and notifications. Instructions can be found at: http://ngo.americananthro.org/listserv/
NGO-graphies is sponsored by Metropolitan State University of Denver, the Association for Political and Legal Anthropology (APLA), and Northern Illinois University.